It’s the start of Spring and time for a quick clean of those places that accumulate debris, dust and dirt we don’t notice day-to-day.
Use warm or hot water whenever possible to make cleaning easier. And start with the easy jobs to ease into it!
Fridge and freezer door seals
- These easily get mouldy. Spray Simply No Mould into the creases of the door seals.
- You can even use some paper towel to distribute the Simply No Mould evenly, then close the door and wait for 5-10 minutes (it takes a while because of the cold).
- Finally, use dampened paper towel to wipe the dead mould away, and discard straight into the rubbish bin.
- For serious mould, apply a second time.
Blades on ceiling fans
- Climb onto something safe that allows you to reach, taking with you a clean, damp microfibre cloth and Australian Lime Spray & Wipe.
- Spray the leading dusty/dirty edge of each blade in turn, with the spray & wipe. Hold your cloth underneath to catch drips as you spray.
- When you’re back to the start, wipe firmly along each blade edge, using a clean bit of cloth each time.
- Rinse your cloth clean and give a final wipe over if needed.
And whilst you’re up there, switch your fan setting to “summer” so your fan rotates with blades drawing cool air up through the summer months.
Dishwasher and washing machines
- Remove spray arms, and the filters from the bottom of the dishwasher, and dispenser drawer from the washing machine and soak in a hot-water solution of Fragrance Free Laundry Stain Soaker, for 30 mins or more.
- Scrub with a dishwashing brush, rinse clean and replace.
- Throw in a cup of citric acid powder (found in the baking section of the supermarket) and run an empty, short, hot cycle to clean out pipework and plumbing.
- Spray doors and door seals with Australian Lime Spray & Wipe, leave for a few minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- Vacuum your mattress, then, if possible, take outside into sunshine. If inside, face to an open sunny window.
- Spray evenly and lightly with HealthyClean Bathroom.
- Leave in the sun to dry and air for as long as possible.
- Vacuum inside the bedframe where the mattress rests.
- Spray hard surfaces with Simply No Mould or Australian Lime Spray & Wipe and leave for 5 minutes.
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth and allow to dry, before replacing the mattress.
Sills in French doors and bi-folds
- Spray with Australian Lime Spray & Wipe, leave for 30 seconds or so.
- Use an old toothbrush to loosen dirt in corners and along guide rails.
- Mop clean vigorously, with Lemon Myrtle Floor Cleaner diluted at 10ml per litre of water.
Cutlery and utensil drawers
- Empty your drawers of all cutlery and utensils.
- Empty any debris straight into the rubbish bin, or vacuum if easier.
- Drawer inserts can be washed in the sink with Lemon Myrtle dishwashing detergent. Remove stains, dirt and remaining debris from inside the drawer by spraying – bottom and sides - with Australian Lime Spray & Wipe. Leave for a minute or two then wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- Finally, use a clean damp cloth to wipe marks off cutlery and utensils as you put them away.
Vanity drawers in bathroom
Repeat as for cutlery drawers.
Window screens and frames
- If window frames have mould, use Simply No Mould. Otherwise use Australian Lime Spray & Wipe – on screens too.
- Spray window frames section by section, leave for 30 seconds or so and wipe clean with a damp cloth. Rinse your cloth frequently.
- Take screens off windows where possible and take outside.
- Give a quick brush to remover excess dust and insect debris.
- Spray thoroughly with Australian Lime and use a white scourer lightly, to distribute the spray and loosen dirt.
- Leave a few minutes then rinse clean with a hose.
For screens left in place, use steps 4 and 5 above and wipe after with a good quality, damp microfibre cloth.
In the absence of an oven cleaner in the SimplyClean range (not available yet)...
- Remove all trays, wire racks and panels you can and leave to soak in your laundry sink in a solution of very hot water and Lemon Myrtle Dishwasher Powder.
- Meanwhile warm the oven to around 50 deg C (don’t burn yourself) and put on gloves.
- Dip a damp sponge into bicarb and liberally dab the bicarb on to the sides and bottom of your oven.
- Take a sponge dipped in vinegar and press onto the bicarb. Whilst it’s fizzing, scrub with a white scourer or dishwashing brush.
- Repeat several times and finally rinse with a clean damp cloth or paper towels.
- Return to the items that are soaking and scrub with a white scourer or dishwashing brush.
- Rinse, then sprinkle with bicarb and spray with vinegar. Scrub again whilst fizzing, and finally wash with Lemon Myrtle or Mandarin Dishwash Liquid.